Writing A Character Profile Essay: 7 Tips From A Professional
During your high school years you will be required to read many different books. For some of them, your teacher will ask you to write a character profile essay, which is relatively simple to do. Many students get stuck and start to describe the physical features of the character and other similar details, but this is not enough in any way. You need to make a complete description and a good analysis to create something excellent. These professional tips are everything you need to write the perfect essay:
- Write a good hypothesis. When you start an essay like this, you want to prove a point related to the character. It can be about his kindness, about his selfishness, either way you have to write it down. Introduce it in the first paragraph, so any reader will know from the start why are you writing this composition.
- Present a short biography in the introduction. You do not have to give too many details, but you have to mention something about the background of this person.
- Form a few general ideas. Your character has, of course, a few dominant features. You can discuss these characteristics in a few paragraphs, as long as you do not distance yourself from the main purpose of the essay.
- Make a clear description. As I said before, many students simply describe his physical appearance. This is not enough to get a clear image, so you have to go more into detail. Talk about his qualities, defects, motivate his actions and so on. A traumatic childhood can be a reason for a bad behavior.
- Mention the conflict. Since you already read the book and you know enough about the author, you need to talk about the conflicts. If you want, you can introduce other characters that are somehow connected to the one you analyze.
- State your opinion. After you finish with the most important things, you can state your opinion in a few lines. Most of the students prefer to do this right at the end of the composition, before the conclusion.
- Write the conclusion. Remember that this needs to be based on everything that you wrote, not on your personal feelings. Make sure that the conclusion is not longer than a few lines, because it can get confusing for any reader.